Saturday, March 7, 2015

"Frostbite" - Richelle Mead

Hello fellow bibliophiles!

I hope everyone is having a nice, relaxing weekend! I on the other hand have been busy with Bowl For Kids' Sake this weekend. Thankfully I was able to squeeze in a few hours this afternoon to finishing read the second book in the Vampire Academy series. Please read the review before this one to get my opinions on the first book!

Similar to the first book, I gave this book a 3 out of 5 stars. While this book was better and more developed, I did not feel it has yet earned enough credit to move up another level; maybe by the next book :) Even though the book continues to be wrote from the perspective of Rose, a seventeen year old half human-half vampire girl or otherwise known as Dhampir in this story, it is less "catty" than the first book. Rose's character is still full on "high school girl" but becoming more developed. The reader is able to see more into her struggles and different parts that have made up her life and why she is the way she is. As a reader, we also learn more about Lissa, full vampire or Moroi royalty, and her rare element power, spirit. Of course the story also continues the dynamic twisted love scenario that began in the first book between Rose and her guardian trainer Dmitri, which is always interesting.

I liked seeing the plot line progress as well as the characters becoming more developed and a deeper understanding of the three types of characters, Moroi, Strigoi, and Dhampir. There was more action and suspense in this book as well. I would say more than once I was covering the next page to avoid jumping ahead. I'm looking forward to continuing the next book! Feel free to share any comments, recommendations, or suggestions!

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!