Thursday, March 5, 2015

"The Vampire Academy" - Richelle Mead

Hello fellow bibliophiles!

Reading Young Adult books as an adult has become a guilty pleasure for me you could say. I am a Big Sister in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. My Little Sister is to blame for this guilty pleasure! Reading books together is a favorite activity of ours. We pick out a book or series we would like to read and then we discuss the story together. Not only do I get to fulfill my guilty pleasure but she also improves her reading. Its a win win for us! She unfortunately likes to watch the movies first :/ So when she recently wanted to watch the Vampire Academy movie, which we did, I then suggested we read the series. Here is my review of the first book:

I gave this book a 3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. I was intrigued by the Moroi, Strigoi, and Dhampir aspect of the story while we were watching the movie which gave me more motivation to read the books. Who doesn't love a little magic and fantasy every once in a while! I did feel the book was catty and a little annoying at times but it's wrote from the perspective of a seventeen year old girl. What did you expect??? I didn't necessarily like the book but I also didn't hate it. I feel it could have potential though. I am interested in seeing where the story goes from here. I guess it wouldn't hurt to keep reading! Frostbite will be up next! As always feel free to share any comments, recommendations, and thoughts.

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!