Friday, March 27, 2015

Thursday Throwback!

Hello fellow bibliophiles! This week my favorite little local movie theater has been paying tribute to Robin Williams with $4 movies all week. So of course I have been partaking which means I haven't had as much time for reading. I am also pretty bogged down with work right now and thanks to Net Galley I currently have 4-5 ARC's waiting on my TBR shelf. I can't wait to finish the one I am currently reading, The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie. But until then, I thought I wouldn't keep you waiting any longer for my next review and share with you my FAVORITE book.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty A Smith is my all-time favorite book. It means more to me than I can express in words. I love it. I cannot even count the amount of times I have read it. Multiple copies and editions grace my shelves. I first read this book for a book review in my Language Arts class in 7th grade (yes I remember this). I have always felt I could connect with Francie Nolan in many ways which I think is why I love the book as much as I do. It's happy; it's sad; and it's honest. I have dreamed of having a rickety, old staircase to be able to sit up on the top floor among the tree branches and read my afternoons away in the sunshine. Francie dreams of adventure and getting more out of her life, everything I have always hoped for. The story is simplistic yet full of depth which has made it a timeless classic that deserves to be read over and over.

"From that time on, the world was hers for the reading."  I don't know if there has every been a better quote to sum up my beliefs or that completely expresses my life in a better way. It's not just about "books." It's dreams, and hopes, and desires. So do more. Explore more. Learn more. Give more. Travel more. READ more. Your life is what you make it. Make it worth living and make it worth remembering.

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!