Saturday, April 11, 2015

"The Little Paris Bookshop" - Nina George

Hello fellow bibliophiles! After Easter and a crazy hectic work week, I was FINALLY able to resume reading my ARC (Thank you NetGalley!) copy of The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George. This book was amazing. A beautifully wrote story about a book seller who refers to himself as a "literary apothecary." How fantastic is that phrase! He not only sells his patrons books, but prescribes books to help them through whatever current problem or challenge in life they are facing.

"There are books that are suitable for a million people, others for only a hundred. There are even remedies - I mean books - that were written for one person only.. A book is both medic and medicine at once. It makes a diagnosis as well as offering therapy. Putting the right novels to the right aliments: that's how I sell books." 

Throughout the book there were so many times when I said to myself "I love that" referring to different phrases and sentences. For someone who loves books and understands the power they can have on a person, this book was a masterpiece in my opinion. I felt I understood perfectly everything George was trying to convey and she did it through a wonderful love story of a bookseller. A love story about books, a love story about a women once desired and now gone forever, a love story about our journeys in life and how one decision or one chance encounter can change our lives forever. Perfection.

I highly recommend this book. I just finished it and yet I'm ready to read it again. Expected publication for this novel is June 23, 3015.  Thanks again NetGalley for the opportunity to read this advanced copy! Please feel free to share any comments, suggestions, and recommendations. Sorry in the lapse of reviews lately! This is a crazy month for me so I promise to do the best I can in getting new reviews up. Now go find a perfect tree outside to read under and enjoy the nice weather this weekend has given to us!

Happy reading fools :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!