Sunday, June 14, 2015

"Ali in Wonderland" - Ali Wentworth

Hello fellow bibliophiles! The first time I really saw/heard much from Ali Wentworth was last season on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee with Jerry Seinfeld. I love that show, if you can call it a show. Basically Jerry picks up other comedians in an awesome car, they drive around and talk comedy, stop for coffee, and talk more comedy. Its funny but also serious. Big fan. Check it out. Anyways, Ali and Jerry are good friends and he had her on. Listening to her talk about growing up a WASP (white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant) and her husband George (George Stephanopoulos that is) was hilarious.

I happened to catch the tail end of her interview the other day on Good Morning America about a new book she has coming out. I didn't even know she had a first book out! So I stopped by my local library and picked up her first book, Ali In Wonderland. It was great. Witty, funny, full of family drama and history. Reading about her mom Muffie is enough to make a person roll on the ground grabbing their stomach in pain from laughing so hard. She's a hoot.

I've always been a fan of books wrote by comedians no matter if they are trying to be funny or have a more serious tone. Jim Gaffigan's two books, Dad is Fat and Food: A Love Story, and Billy Crystal's 700 Sundays are a couple of my favorites. In my experience, you either like them or you don't. I happen to love them. I highly encourage you to check this out if you are looking for a light, quick read. Great book Ali! I cannot wait to get your next book, Ali Ever After. It is waiting on the hold shelf at the library for me! As always, feel free to share any recommendations, suggestions, or comments!

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!