Wednesday, July 29, 2015

"Pies & Prejudice" (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery #1) - Ellery Adams

Hello fellow bibliophiles! While pursing the library a couple weeks ago, I stumbled across this little gem of a cozy mystery! Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams is the first in its series with it's fourth book just coming out this past spring. First off let me just say, I LOVE cozy mysteries. They are the perfect book to grab a cup of coffee and cuddle up on the couch with a blanket! Plus there are HUNDREDS of cozy mysteries. I will never be left without a book to read. Not that I ever have that problem, hence my ever growing to-be-read list. I am constantly finding new cozy series and authors. That area of the library can get me in some series danger. So when I found Pies & Prejudice, I was smitten to say the least.

Ella Mae LeFaye (what a name!) has just returned to her small hometown in Georgia after being away in NYC for seven years. Heartbroken and penniless, Ella Mae does what only she knows how to best. She bakes pies. From the first pie, Ella realizes she not only has a gift for baking, but that her pies are seeming to have "magical" effects on those who eat them. With help from her 3 aunts and mother, Ella Mae opens her dream cafe, The Charmed Pie Shoppe. But not everyone is excited for her return to Havenwood. Her high school nemesis, Loralyn, is reaching out to do whatever possible to make her close down shop and leave for good. When Ella's rolling pin is found as a murder weapon on Loralyn's future husband, Ella and her ragtag family do all that they can to clear her name and save the reputation of the cafe.

I enjoyed this book from start to finish and cannot wait to get my hands on the next book. There was a lot left unsaid and definitely more to the story that I am itching to know! If you like a good cozy mystery, I recommend picking this up. Well wrote and full of fun! As always, feel free to share any recommendations, suggestions, or comments!

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!