Sunday, July 5, 2015

"The Elite" & "The One" - Kiera Cass

Hello fellow bibliophiles! I hope everyone had a fantastic day celebrating our country's birth! Mine was perfectly relaxing. Today's post is a double whammy! The Elite and The One by Kiera Cass are the next two books in the Selection series. Check out my review of the first book, The Selection here. I really like how this series has came together. While the writing is still a little second rate and choppy, I do like the message the books present.

I will make this review short as not to give too much away. If you have read the first book, its pretty easy to somewhat figure out where the story goes simply based on the titles of the next two books. I liked the way Prince Maxon's character has developed throughout but America still  tends to get whiny and be difficult at times. I often want to yell at her to stop being so stupid! Overall the books are a great new YA series. While I wish there would have been a little more to the ending of The One, it did wrap up well. I have read the description for the next book, The Heir, but I am not sure if that book is going to be as good. I know the story jumps ahead but I hope Cass fills in from where we left off to see how things have or have not changed. Hopefully she doesn't disappoint! As always, feel free to share any recommendations, suggestions, or comments!

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!