Monday, July 13, 2015

"The Last Sacrifice" (Vampire Academy #6) - Richelle Mead

Hello fellow bibliophiles! I really wonder who those people are that get a nice, slow, relaxing summer. I feel like I have been going non stop since May!! No worries though. I have been making sure to set time aside for reading, it's just getting these reviews typed up for you that has been difficult! Excuse the slow pace. I type all day sometimes for my job so by the time I'm home, it's not quite what I feel like doing. But I keep you waiting no longer!

This next review is the FINAL book in the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. If you have read any of my other reviews, you know all about my feelings towards this series and how desperately I have been trying to finish it. Well look no farther, I have! Make sure to check out my reviews on all 5 other books in the series. If you have not read them, skip the next section as it will have spoilers for those of you who have not read the first 5!!

The Last Sacrifice picks up right where Spirit Bound left off, Rose in jail, convicted of murdering Queen Tatiana. Now I do not want to ruin or give anything away about the book but needless to say if you have read the other books, it's safe to say you can guess a few things that are sure to happen but alas I will leave your mind to wander. There was plenty of disobeying of the rules, trysts and internal conflict between Rose, Dimitri, and Adrian, and little hidden secrets that all come out in the open. I will say this: no matter how much I have whined about this series from book 2-5, the ending was perfect. Mead did a fantastic job at wrapping up the series and bringing everything to a (somewhat) logical conclusion. I do think this book is probably the best in the series since book one. I thought she did a great job with the way things ended between Rose and Dimitri as well as bringing together all the questions surrounding Spirit. Did she leave any room for more books in the future? Absolutely. Do I hope there will be any? No. But Mead did leave the door cracked, just in case. Let's just say, I'm glad I'm done and on to the next quest!

Speaking of new books, I made the "mistake" of going to the library without a list this past Sunday. I'm normally one of those people who either has a set list of books with their call numbers when I walk into the library OR I request the books ahead of time and can walk right up to the counter and leave. Sunday that didn't happen. I went in with one book in mind and perused......and perused......and perused. The destruction that followed filled my entire bag plus me carrying one.


So now comes the task of choosing my next book. I have everything from spy and intrigue, mystery, and young adult to autobiography, children's, and cozy mystery! Get ready! I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!