Thursday, October 29, 2015

"And Then There Were None" - Agatha Christie

Hello fellow bibliophiles! Happy Throwback Thursday! A couple years ago I received And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie from a friend. What's the way to my heart? Books, books, and more books. And obviously wine and pizza. What can I say? I'm a classy gal. I'm sure I would be hard pressed to find a reader who hasn't at least picked up one of Agatha Christie's novels but if you are one of those few, start here. You can thank me later. 

"First there were ten - a curious assortment of strangers summoned as weekend guests to a private island off the coast of Devon. Their host, an eccentric millionaire unknown to all of them, is nowhere to be found. All that the guests have in common is a wicked past they're unwilling to reveal -- and a secret that will seal their fate. For each has been marked for murder. One by one will fall prey. Before the weekend is out, there will be none. And only the dead are above suspicion."

I devoured this book. And that is putting it lightly. While I have read others by Christie, this one consumed me. I couldn't put it down! Christie is fantastic when it comes to writing characters and the mysteries she places them inside of. Throughout the book, I felt I was always close to figuring out the "case", but then a new piece of information would come and I would be completely off base. Throw in a catchy little nursery rhyme and you have a thriller worthy of childhood nightmares. I have now read this book a couple different times and each time, I continue to find hidden pieces I missed the first time around, constantly enthralled until the end yet again. FYI this book is not a Hercule Perot book and can be read as a stand alone. I highly recommend this book as well as Christie's other books. She is a great writer and I have yet to find a book of hers that I could put down! As always, feel free to share any comments, suggestions, or recommendations!


Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!